- Tourism Ministry has launched e-ticketing facility for Taj Mahal in Agra and Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi.
- 10th anniversary of 2004 Tsunami disaster was observed by all Asian counties.
- Shaheedi Jor Mela begins in Punjab on 26 December.
- Hyderabad to host World IT Congress in 2018.
- India Donates $1 Million to UN-ESCAP Tsunami Fund.
Friday, December 26, 2014
Sunday, December 7, 2014
SWACHH BHARAT ABHIYAN LAUNCHED
- In launching the swachh Bharat Abhiyan, or clean India Mission, Gandhi Jayanthi day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks to highlight the importance his administration attaches to both sanitation and Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mr. Modi was evidently carrying forward the message in his Independence Day address, on the need for more toilets in schools, and for India's villages an towns to be free of dirt.
- But the high profile lanuch of the mission on October 2 has its own meaning.
- Mr. Modi wanted to link his campaign to the toilet cleaning ritual in gandhi's ashram's, to emphaise that the seemingly demeaning work was of great import of greatest building.
- The noise surrounding the launch of the mission was intended to draw in all Indians to clean the cleanness drive:
- Everyone was expected to devote two hours a week to cleaning their surroundings.
- Since 1986, India has spent over 3 billion on constructing toilets across the country.
- Figures from the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation show.
- Despite such massive investments, India's sanitation cam paigns over the years have unfortunately yielded limited results.
- India continues to have the larg- est number of people who defecate in the open.
- Even poorer countries in the neighbourhood, such as Bangladesh and Nepal, have improved sanitation coverage faster and surpassed India in the last two decades-by all at l accounts, a fraction of the cost.
- The Indian government is now gearing up to spend an additional 31 billion(Rs. 1.9 lakh crore)
- Over the next five years through the Swachchha Bharat mission.
- Percentage of Households without Latrines in India 53.1%.
- Expenditure Rs.16,912 crore Top Spenders on Toilets Expense(Expenditure(in Rs. crore).
Tags: Swach Bharat abhiyan, National Round up council, Narendhra Modi, Gandhi Jayanthi, Bharat abhiyan launched
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
- In the biggest wave of economic reforms since coming power, the NDA government on October 18, 2014 price of diesel and announced a new price for domestiesiyduced natural gas.
- The government announced the re-launch of the UPA's nagship Direct Bene Transkr scheme for denied subsidy for want an number.
- With the Cabinet decision, the price of diesel, as in the case of petrol, would be market-linked without any government intervention and retail rates reflecting price changes in the global market.
- On gas pricing, the govern ment surprised analysts by fixing the price at 8 5.61 per mmBtu 1million British thermal units), 75 per cent lower than the rates proposed by the Rangarajan Gmmit. tee under the UPA government.
- The current rate iS $ 4,412 mmBiu. The immediate impact on Rs 37 a litre(ex hi) with et trom 18 midnight.
- As a result of the govern ment's decision on reforma in the oil and gas LPG subsidy will for the first time become avai able to slum dwellers,.
- And migrant labourers as it will apply to all purchase of LPG irreapeetive cylinder Earlier smaller eyeliners were excluded from the subsidy.
- The subsidy will be provided through direct cash transfers to plug leakages.
Tags: National Round Up, Round Up council, Narendhra Modi, October 16, 2014, Diesal deregulated
ABBREVIATIONS CCAMLR - Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources. INAP - India Newborn Action Plan ...
INDIA TO BUILD WORLD'S BIGGEST TELESCOPE : WORLD'S BIGGEST TELESCOPE India, along with four other countries, will start wor...
DECEMBER MONTH IMPORTANT DATES December 1 : World AIDS Day, National Day of Romania Independence Day of Iceland December 2 : N...