- Tourism Ministry has launched e-ticketing facility for Taj Mahal in Agra and Humayun’s Tomb in New Delhi.
- 10th anniversary of 2004 Tsunami disaster was observed by all Asian counties.
- Shaheedi Jor Mela begins in Punjab on 26 December.
- Hyderabad to host World IT Congress in 2018.
- India Donates $1 Million to UN-ESCAP Tsunami Fund.
Friday, December 26, 2014
Sunday, December 7, 2014
- In launching the swachh Bharat Abhiyan, or clean India Mission, Gandhi Jayanthi day.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi seeks to highlight the importance his administration attaches to both sanitation and Mahatma Gandhi.
- Mr. Modi was evidently carrying forward the message in his Independence Day address, on the need for more toilets in schools, and for India's villages an towns to be free of dirt.
- But the high profile lanuch of the mission on October 2 has its own meaning.
- Mr. Modi wanted to link his campaign to the toilet cleaning ritual in gandhi's ashram's, to emphaise that the seemingly demeaning work was of great import of greatest building.
- The noise surrounding the launch of the mission was intended to draw in all Indians to clean the cleanness drive:
- Everyone was expected to devote two hours a week to cleaning their surroundings.
- Since 1986, India has spent over 3 billion on constructing toilets across the country.
- Figures from the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation show.
- Despite such massive investments, India's sanitation cam paigns over the years have unfortunately yielded limited results.
- India continues to have the larg- est number of people who defecate in the open.
- Even poorer countries in the neighbourhood, such as Bangladesh and Nepal, have improved sanitation coverage faster and surpassed India in the last two decades-by all at l accounts, a fraction of the cost.
- The Indian government is now gearing up to spend an additional 31 billion(Rs. 1.9 lakh crore)
- Over the next five years through the Swachchha Bharat mission.
- Percentage of Households without Latrines in India 53.1%.
- Expenditure Rs.16,912 crore Top Spenders on Toilets Expense(Expenditure(in Rs. crore).
Wednesday, December 3, 2014
- In the biggest wave of economic reforms since coming power, the NDA government on October 18, 2014 price of diesel and announced a new price for domestiesiyduced natural gas.
- The government announced the re-launch of the UPA's nagship Direct Bene Transkr scheme for denied subsidy for want an number.
- With the Cabinet decision, the price of diesel, as in the case of petrol, would be market-linked without any government intervention and retail rates reflecting price changes in the global market.
- On gas pricing, the govern ment surprised analysts by fixing the price at 8 5.61 per mmBtu 1million British thermal units), 75 per cent lower than the rates proposed by the Rangarajan Gmmit. tee under the UPA government.
- The current rate iS $ 4,412 mmBiu. The immediate impact on Rs 37 a litre(ex hi) with et trom 18 midnight.
- As a result of the govern ment's decision on reforma in the oil and gas LPG subsidy will for the first time become avai able to slum dwellers,.
- And migrant labourers as it will apply to all purchase of LPG irreapeetive cylinder Earlier smaller eyeliners were excluded from the subsidy.
- The subsidy will be provided through direct cash transfers to plug leakages.
Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Prime Minister Narendhra Modi on October 16, 2014 unveiled new measures
for the youth, workers and employers to improve ease of doing business for enterprises
while expanding government sup port for training workers.
Mr. Modi also launched the l Universal Account Number scheme(UAN)
for all Provident Fund contributors which will al low portability and
Online track- ting of PF benefits.
Inaugurating the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Shramev Jayate Karyakram, organised
by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
Mr. Modi said the aim of the programme was to emphasise the dignity labour,
especially that per- formed by blue-collar workers, referring to them as "shram yogi."
Tuesday, November 25, 2014
- After ducking the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami and the 1977 cyclone, the 'City of Destiny' sadly had its date with disaster on October 12, 1014.
- As very severe cyclonic storm Hud-hud tore through the city with wind speed of up to 195 kmph.
- Unleashing widespread destruction and bringing the bustling city of nearly 20 lakh people to a grinding halt.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an aerial survey of the devastated region on October 14, 2014.
- And announced a relief pack- age of Rs. 1000 crore and Rs. 2 lakh each to the dead.
- The cyclone, that made land- fall in the Port City around noon.
- Sent hoardings and tin roofs flying and shattered windows, leaving the streets littered with glass.
- Toppled over statues of leaders and land- marks like the replace of the navy airplane on RK Beach.
Monday, November 24, 2014
The National Round-Up council:
cigarette pack and covering at least 85 percent of the packaging.
Beginning April 1, 2015, every cigarette packet will carry the statutory warning on both sides with pictorial depiction of throat cancer and a message in English, Hindi or any Indian language.
A gazette notification amending the cigarettes and other Tobacco Products Packaging and Labelling) Rules, 2008, was also issued on October 15, 2014.
As per government data, the total economic costs attributable to tobacco use from all diseases in India for people in the 35-69 age group was more than Rs. 1.4 lakhs crore in 2011 and the cost of pre- mature mortality was highest in the 40-44 age group for both men and women.
As per the report The Cigarette Package Health Warnings: International Status Report 2014 released in Moscow on October 14 2014 India has slipped to 136th position in the list of 198 countries that warn smokers about the hazards of smoking through graphic pictures on cigarette packages.
The report says though India was one of the first countries to sign and ratify the WHO Frame- work Convention on Tobacco Control, it was not complied with the minimum rules. "While many countries mandate images on both sides of tobacco packages India is one of the few countries requiring graphic warning labels to be placed only side of the tobacco on one package," the report says.
The president in his address to a joint business gathering an nounced that Norwegian tourists would soon be given the visa- on arrival facility, even as Norwegian Prime Minister Erna Solberg said Oslo would open a new consulate in Mumbai.
On the next leg of his journey.
Dr. Mukherjee was in Finland on October 15-16, 2014. India feels that a "constructive dialogue" is the best way out of the difficult situation in Ukraine and wants all sides to abjure violence and work towards a peaceful, negotiated and stability to the area. This was conveyed by President Pranab Mukherjee on october 15, 2014 to his Finnish counterpart Sauli Niinisto during their official talks even as the two countries signed 19 agreements that ranged from a bio-refinery in Nu- maligarh, Assam to cooperation in the field of bio-technology education and nuclear asfety.
India and Finland also want to double their trade of $1.5 billon in the next three years even as they focus on Knowledge-based education.
Sunday, November 23, 2014
Three leading individ- uals recognised for their services to UK-India relations educationist Asha Khemka actor Madhav Sharma, UK-India Business Council chairperson Patricia Hewitth were awarded the in augural Dadabhai Naoroji Awards by deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg on October 17, 2014.
Sushma Swaraj, Minister for External Affairs, lauded their achievements and asked the Indi an diaspora in Britain to retain their links with India while con tinuing to grow and prosper in their vocations in the United Kingdom
A Norwegian trio has set a new world record for the most countries travelled in a day after passing through 19 nations in 24 hours. The new record was set by Gunnar Garfors, 39, Tay-young Pak, 42 and Oyvind Djupvik, 38, after they made it to 19 countries in just 24 hours, surpassing the previous record of 17 countries. The travellers began their record trip at the border between Greece and Bulgaria on September 20, 2014. The team rushed through Macedonia, Kosovo, Sebia, Croatia, Bosnia, Slovenia, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, the Czech Republic, Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Switzerland, before the journey ended in Liechtenstein.
FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION GUN
A 17- year-old high school student from Colo rado has applied biometric user authentication to firearms to develop a gun that unlocks with the user's fingerprints. Kai Kloepfer developed the gun that works by creating a user ID and locking in the fingerprint of each user allowed to use the gun. It will only unlock with the unique fingerprint of those who have already permission to access the gun. The gun developed by Kloepfer, who has an interest in information security, has all user data kept right on the gun and nothing is uploaded anywhere else so it would be pretty hard to hack and this potentially makes it ideal for military use as well Kai Kloepfer won the 50,000 Smart Tech for Firearms Challenge for his smart gun prototype
Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Monday, November 17, 2014
|WORLD'S BIGGEST TELESCOPE|
New Delhi will invest $212 mil- lion from 2014 to 2023.
The deal for the project was ma terialised during Prime Minister Narendra Modi's recent visit to the US.
Larger than Subaru
The telescope will be larger than Japan's Subaru telescope, one of the world's biggest, which was also built on the summit of Mauna Kea and started observation in 1999.
The Subaru Telescope's single main mirror measures 8.2 metres in diameter, while the new telescope will be composed of 492 hexagonal mirrors, each measuring 72 cm across. In other words, the telescope's mirror stretching almost 100 feet in diameter is nearly the length of a Boeing 737's wingspan
Tags : India, World'd Largest, telescope
|SMALL GALAXY WITH BLACK HOLE FOUND|
Pankaj Advani, added yet another jewel to his glowing crown, outplaying former champion Peter Gilchrist in the 150 up points format World billiards championship final and pocket his 11th world title, in Leeds on October 24, 2014. Advani, 29, conquered the Singaporean Cueist Gilchrist 6-2 in a high quality final of the shorter format of billiards. Advani had lost 3-2 to Gilchrist in the league stage. Advani now is the holder of three different world titles in 2014- the IBF world 6-Red snooker title, the World Team billiards title and now the World billiards championship
Tags : Sports Up-date,World Championship, Pankaj Advan,Billiards
A new investigation cardiac pacemaker, which is as small as a multivitamin pill has been un veiled. It is one-tenth the size of conventional pacemakers. Principal intentional Robert C Kowal said that this device could be a game changer because of its size and the technology housed in it.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
THINNEST ELECTRIC GENERATOR CREATED Researchers claim to have developed the world's thinnest electric generator that is optically tr...
GOOGLE'S NEW INBOX APP Google has joined the ranks of companies trying to tackle the problem of email overload, but its new Inbox...
FINGERPRINT RECOGNITION GUN A 17- year-old high school student from Colo rado has applied biometric user authentication to firearms to de...
The National Round-Up council: T he president in his address to a joint business gathering an nounced that Norwegian tourists would soon ...