Cyclone hudhud wreaks
- After ducking the devastating effects of the 2004 tsunami and the 1977 cyclone, the 'City of Destiny' sadly had its date with disaster on October 12, 1014.
- As very severe cyclonic storm Hud-hud tore through the city with wind speed of up to 195 kmph.
- Unleashing widespread destruction and bringing the bustling city of nearly 20 lakh people to a grinding halt.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi made an aerial survey of the devastated region on October 14, 2014.
- And announced a relief pack- age of Rs. 1000 crore and Rs. 2 lakh each to the dead.
- The cyclone, that made land- fall in the Port City around noon.
- Sent hoardings and tin roofs flying and shattered windows, leaving the streets littered with glass.
- Toppled over statues of leaders and land- marks like the replace of the navy airplane on RK Beach.
Tags: cyclone forming, Cyclone hudhud wreaks, roofs flying and shattered windows,devastated region,Narendra Modi,Navy airplane